It’s officially college application season! What better way to celebrate than with expert tips on how to perfect your personal statement? Here are essential tips from The New York Tips:
- Your personal essay is your voice – it shows your prospective colleges who you are aside from grades and test scores. Let it be known that you have character, passion, values and life experiences.
- Emphasize how you’ve made this world a better place. Have you volunteered somewhere? Write about it! Show that you can make their school a better place, as well.
- Write about an experience you’ve had in your desired field of study, like an internship, an extracurricular activity, lab research, etc. This will demonstrate the passion you have for what you’ll study at school!
- Explain a life experience and how it has impacted your life. Show that because of this experience, you will be a great addition to that university.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread!
- Check your email and voicemail daily! Respond to all messages from the admissions office.
Your personal statement is one of the most important aspects of your college applications. College Planning Experts can not only help you with your essays, but with the rest of the college application process, including which schools are best for you to apply to. Schedule a FREE college planning analysis with us today! https://collegeplanningexperts.com/schedule-your-college-planning-analysis