What Makes College Planning Experts Unique?
We offer a full service program unlike any other college planning company. We’ll help you get in, reduce costs, and afford college. We are a group of innovative and passionate professionals who are committed to help you reach your college dreams without going broke or owing thousands in student loans.
Founded in 2004, we are the original, largest, and longest standing college planning firm in the Greater Los Angeles area. Whether you have a NCAA prospective athlete, a performing arts student, or a potential engineer, we know how to help them reach their dreams.
We have been honored by former U.S. Congressman Howard “Buck” McKeon, Assemblyman Cameron Smyth, the California State Assembly, the County of Los Angeles, the California State Senate, the City of Los Angeles, and the City of Santa Clarita for our outstanding work in our local communities.
We really enjoy giving back to our community, which is why we partake in local fundraisers and scholarship contests. We’ve given over $150,000 in charitable contributions, and this number is growing! If you need help, just ask us.
What makes our Workshops so Brilliant?
College Planning Experts offers the best college admissions and financial aid presentations. We educate you and give you the power to take control of this seemingly overwhelming process. Check out what some of our attendees had to say after seeing us speak.
As Seen On:
- The College Planning Experts were amazing and helped with everything from financing to editing application essays. Irene is very kind and very patient. She helped me narrow down what schools I should apply to and also helped with the application process. I am grateful for her knowledge and her very detailed edits on my essays.Neekta MehrkhodavandiStudent Simi Valley, CA
- With Brian's help, we were able to put both my son and daughter through college. He and his staff are absolutely the best. We have been with CPE for 7 years and continue to use Brian as our financial advisor.Daniel Iglesias Parent Moorpark, CA
- Jesse M.
“Brian demystified the college funding process. There's so many things I didn't even know existed with regards to financial aid.”
- We have been with CPE since 2011 when my daughter was in High School. Our experience has been great! Brian Safdari and his staff has been so wonderful guiding us parents and my daughter step-by-step along the way. For my daughter, having a counselor that helped her on the choices and decisions made a great difference for her. They really take the stress away from our shoulders. Brian Safdari definitely is an amazing human been that truly cares for others. He's very honest and sincere and has been teaching and helping us how to save money for College. I'm truly grateful for all they have done for us!Claudia PieriParent Woodland Hills, CA
- Bonnie E.
“Brian's workshop opened up the opportunity to look at colleges we thought were out of our price range. Thank You!”
- My experience with Irene has been amazing. She guided me with my applications, UC prompts, etc. I received great feedback and she was extremely helpful. She was always kind and I don't know what I would have done without her. I have learned so much and thanks to her I felt prepared and confident with my applications.Cecilia Corpus Student Norwalk, CA
- Working with the counselors here has made college planning and applications incredibly easy for me and my family. I highly recommend working with them to help make your student's transition to college easy.Lindsey Mauricio Student Burbank, CA
- Pamela B.
“This is an absolute class that all parents should attend whether they think their kids are college-bound or not.”
- It was an absolute pleasure working with Irene and the College Planning Experts Team. As the first in my family to go to college straight out of high school, aspects of the College application and financial aid process were difficult, but they helped me every step of the way. Irene pushed me to write the best essays that I could and to constantly strive to improve my ACT score, complete with resources to do so. (more…)Scott Watson Student Saugus, CA
- Ron N.
“Thanks for showing me that we qualify for aid in spite of my income.”
- The CPE team has been extremely helpful with all of the requirements both my son and daughter needed for college, financial aid, grants and waivers. Now my son is a college graduate and my daughter is in her senior year of college studying abroad in Spain for the whole 2017-18 school year. From the office staff, to Genessy and Kristin the Service Center Consultant who assists with the Data Verification Process, I always have a resource for questions and I know they are all working for me to meet deadlines for FAFSA and anything else I need help with. (more…)Julie SandlandParent Rosamond, CA
- CPE has helped me tremendously with applying to college. Being the first child to go to college in my family, we were unfamiliar with the application process but thankfully we had CPE to turn to with any questions we had. I had the pleasure of having Irene Chung as my college counselor and with her knowledge and constant availability, I had all my questions about applying to college answered. Not only did I receive aid in how to apply to college but I also received aid in applying to scholarships, finding a potential major, and as far as finding jobs that I would succeed in after college through these majors. (more…)Lauren FrancoStudent Santa Clarita, CA
- Nina A.
“It’s refreshing to know that there is hope.”
- We started with CPE just prior to our son starting High School, we are so glad that this was a decision that we did not second guess. Not only are you gaining a highly intelligent group of people to help you and your student along the journey to college acceptance, but this is more then a business to this great group of people, their hearts are 110% in helping your student prepare and achieve. Hats off to CPE! (more…)Amy FrankParent Acton, CA
- I am so grateful for the College Planning Experts! As my husband and I had no clue how the college process works, so the College Planning Experts were a savior. My daughter was very thankful for Irene, who helped her work through the college process assisting her through college essays, standardize tests, activities, and helping her pass senior year. Overall, it has been a great experience with them!Regina CruzParent Glendale, CA
- Rhonda A
“As a guidance counselor, you really educated me and I thank you.”
- I never realized what a big deal and how much work college planning would take. As quite the procrastinator I would've struggled had I not had my college counselor, Irene Chung, to guide me through the application process. My parents also realized, with the help of CPE, that they weren't prepared for the financial aspect of college and they were able to get things in order. Months after beginning my applications and writing my essays, I watched my peers frantically get their applications together. I honestly believe that I would have had a significantly decreased chance of getting into my colleges of choice without College Planning Experts. (more…)Hailie KittnerStudent Palmdale, CA
- Emily ZepedaStudent Granada Hills, CA
A few years ago, my parents signed up my brother and I with College Planning Experts, and our experience has been great!
Neither of my parents graduated from college, so applying for college was a new experience for everyone. Even so, College Planning Experts has made the process less stressful with help from expert college counselors and financial aid experts.
I started meeting with Irene in May 2017, at the end of my junior year. From the get go, I was receiving great advice and helpful tips that made the application process less stressful and easier to understand. One of the best pieces of advice I received was to start on my essays over summer. I did, and as a result, I was finished with my main essays with a lot of time to spare. While my friends in school were writing their UC essays the week they were due, I had already finished and was double checking the other parts of my application. (more…)
- Raquel Y.
“I was so afraid because I had little to nothing saved Thank you for putting me at ease.”
- So thankful I was introduced to CPE in 2015! Kelly Mattinson was a pleasure to work with. She answers all of my questions and guided me as I was clueless to planning the finances for my daughters 1st year in college and I had no time to figure as I gave birth that same month! I have been with CPE ever since and I plan on using them next year for my sons 1st year. They've made this experience so smooth. If it wasn't for them my kids probably wouldn't be attending a university or I would be paying a lot more money. (more…)Sylvia GuerreroParent Whittier, CA