Here are the top mistakes when filling out the FAFSA:
FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Not applying because families “THINK” they won’t qualify
- Having 1 letter or number wrong on your name, address, or Social Security Number
- Sending in the FAFSA late (PRIORITY DATE VARIES BY SCHOOL)
- Waiting until your 2014 tax returns are filed to complete the FAFSA
- Not having enough time to file correctly
- Going to the wrong website for the FAFSA
I want to remind all local and national families that have a high school senior or transfer student heading to college this coming fall to apply for financial aid NOW. We personally hand hold all income-level families through the college admissions & financial aid process and believe me, there is financial aid for all income level families.
APPLY HERE: FAFSA.gov
Financial aid is on a first come first serve basis. Here is a worksheet for more information to help you fill out your FAFSA:
FAFSA Worksheet (PDF) – provides a preview of the questions that you may be asked while completing the FAFSA online
If you have any questions feel free to call our office and speak to one of our certified college planners today at (661) 295-9946. We will be happy to clear up any information and even show you how we help families get an average of $22,000 per year in free grants and scholarships!