College Admissions Secrets & Strategies
One of the biggest fears any parent has is the uncertainty in knowing whether or not his/her child will be accepted to a “dream” college.
We here at College Planning Experts can ease those fears.
Strategic Enrollment Management Advising
Everyone knows that good grades and strong test scores are a vital part of the college admissions process, but there is more to it than that. It is the “stuff behind the stuff” (as we say) that will really help your chances of admission. Our College Counselors will work with your child to develop his/her portfolio and create depth in his/her activities. We’ll advise on:
- Volunteer Opportunities and Hours
- Internships and Research Opportunities
- On-campus Clubs and Athletics
- Leadership Pathways
- Employment Options
College Application and Essay Review
Let’s face it: applying to college isn’t as simple as it used to be. There are now countless pages of forms, essays, personal statements, letters of recommendation, etc. You don’t want to miss a deadline or forget to turn in a supplemental form. We can help with all of that! Our college counseling team will play “task master” ensuring your child:
- Creates an amazing and articulate personal statement
- Writes spectacular supplemental essays (and scholarship essays too)
- Applies to all of the colleges on his/her list, both accurately and on time
- Secures letters of recommendation from the best recommenders
- Prepares properly for any upcoming interviews
Basically, we’ll take control of the college planning process, so you don’t have to play the part of project manager.LEARN MORE: GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, & WORRY-FREE FUNDING
Insider Tips: Teleconferences, Workshops, and More
Did you know that the order in which you list colleges on your FAFSA can affect admissions and financial aid decisions? Well, it can. This is just one tiny tip that can help you strategically in the application process, and we have more. Our clients have access to monthly teleconferences where our team will provide updates on fresh tips, new trends, and necessary information in the college world. Our students will also have exclusive access to quarterly workshops to make sure they are on track in the college planning process.
- My essays have become stronger, and I feel more confident as well. I don’t feel intimated by the college process. They break it down and make it super easy for the students. They are just an amazing group of people who are always ready to help.Cindy Mijangos Student Saugus CA