FREE College Planning Workshops
Upcoming Free Workshops
Are you concerned about the high cost of a college education? Are you worried you won’t have enough money to send your children to college? Do you fear the only way to pay for college is by sacrificing your lifestyle or taking out high interest loans? If you’ve said yes to any of these questions, you must come see us. We’ll share with you insider tips on getting more money for college, eluding the common mistakes families make in the admissions process, receiving grants and scholarships (regardless of income or assets), and avoiding the 7 biggest mistakes families make on the FAFSA.
The College Journey Begins NOW
Friday April 20th, 2018
1825 W. Verdugo Ave, Burbank CA 91506
The Journey to College Starts NOW
Wednesday April 25th, 2018
My Other Office
124 E. Olive Ave, Burbank CA 91502
What Your High School Counselors Aren’t Telling You
Tuesday May 1st, 2018
CPE Encino Office
6345 Balboa Blvd, Encino CA 91316
Let Us Educate You!
Please join us for a free, one hour educational session that will help families with freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and college-level students.
Check out the info to the left, or call us at (818) 201-4847
Things You Will Learn in Our Workshops:
- How to pick the best fit colleges for your student.
- Things to consider when selecting the right careers and majors.How to send your child to an expensive private university for less than the cost of a state school.
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your expected contribution.
- How to pay for college in a failing economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans, or your retirement accounts.
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family.
- How to lower your out-of-pocket costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school.
- The single biggest mistake 9 out of 10 parents make when applying for scholarships that literally cost them thousands of dollars in financial aid.
- What you should be doing right now to get ready for college.
Take a look at what parents are saying about our workshops…
“Brian demystified the college funding process. There's so many things I didn't even know existed with regards to financial aid.”Jesse M.
“Brian's workshop opened up the opportunity to look at colleges we thought were out of our price range. Thank You!”Bonnie E.
“This is an absolute class that all parents should attend whether they think their kids are college-bound or not.”Pamela B.
“Thanks for showing me that we qualify for aid in spite of my income.”Ron N.
“It’s refreshing to know that there is hope.”Nina A.
“As a guidance counselor, you really educated me and I thank you.”Rhonda A
NOTE: If you think you make too much money to get any aid, you absolutely must attend this workshop to learn the shocking truth about who really does get financial aid for college.
Our workshops are held every month in Encino, Valencia or Westlake Village. Space is limited so reservations are required for the workshop.
The list of upcoming workshops will be on the top left side of this page. If you are unable to attend due to time constraints, please let us know. We can hold a private workshop for you at one of our offices in Encino, Valencia or Westlake Village. If you have any questions regarding our workshop, please send us an email or call us at (818) 201-4847.
If you have any questions please email us: College Planning Experts
- The College Planning Experts were amazing and helped with everything from financing to editing application essays. Irene is very kind and very patient. She helped me narrow down what schools I should apply to and also helped with the application process. I am grateful for her knowledge and her very detailed edits on my essays.Neekta MehrkhodavandiStudent Simi Valley, CA
- My experience with Irene has been amazing. She guided me with my applications, UC prompts, etc. I received great feedback and she was extremely helpful. She was always kind and I don't know what I would have done without her. I have learned so much and thanks to her I felt prepared and confident with my applications.Cecilia Corpus Student Norwalk, CA
- Working with the counselors here has made college planning and applications incredibly easy for me and my family. I highly recommend working with them to help make your student's transition to college easy.Lindsey Mauricio Student Burbank, CA
- It was an absolute pleasure working with Irene and the College Planning Experts Team. As the first in my family to go to college straight out of high school, aspects of the College application and financial aid process were difficult, but they helped me every step of the way. Irene pushed me to write the best essays that I could and to constantly strive to improve my ACT score, complete with resources to do so. (more…)Scott Watson Student Saugus, CA
- The CPE team has been extremely helpful with all of the requirements both my son and daughter needed for college, financial aid, grants and waivers. Now my son is a college graduate and my daughter is in her senior year of college studying abroad in Spain for the whole 2017-18 school year. From the office staff, to Genessy and Kristin the Service Center Consultant who assists with the Data Verification Process, I always have a resource for questions and I know they are all working for me to meet deadlines for FAFSA and anything else I need help with. (more…)Julie SandlandParent Rosamond, CA
- CPE has helped me tremendously with applying to college. Being the first child to go to college in my family, we were unfamiliar with the application process but thankfully we had CPE to turn to with any questions we had. I had the pleasure of having Irene Chung as my college counselor and with her knowledge and constant availability, I had all my questions about applying to college answered. Not only did I receive aid in how to apply to college but I also received aid in applying to scholarships, finding a potential major, and as far as finding jobs that I would succeed in after college through these majors. (more…)Lauren FrancoStudent Santa Clarita, CA